Thursday, September 11, 2008

Past to be Prologue for Republican Party?

I don't ask much, and I don't ask often, but a repeat of this performance during this year's vice presidential debates would be wonderful:



The sound kind of sucks, I know, but you have to give credit to the director on this one. He (or she) cuts to a two-shot of Quayle and Bentsen just as Quayle is mentioning Kennedy. The look on Bentsen's face is just incredible. "And I'm going to be on a first-hand basis with these people because I will be the Vice President, and I will be in charge of drugs and space and things."

Of course, the Democrats lost the '88 election. Think about that for a second...for four years, the United States was 'a heartbeat away' from that glorified lemur running the country. Hail to the Chimp indeed.

1 comment:

JEB said...

A classic line. You could just see Quayle when he responds "that was uncalled for" like a small child pouting. I also love how Q's big points are he will be in charge of the drug and space programs. My main reaction however is at the mention of Brit Hume and how that total d-bag could still be working in television. JEB